Monday 3 September 2012

Malta...

As part of Parkers little European adventure, he decided he was going to go visit the heroes who lived over in Malta, Josh, Tim and Franz. Kev, Marc and I decided to make it a bit of a summer holiday and join him for the adventure. I decided last minute I was going to go and couldn't get the same flight as the lads. They left on the Monday and my flight wasn't until the Thursday.

All I can say that I learned from them 3 days living on my own, is I'm certainly not cut out for it. And most likely suffer from ADD or something. I just constantly need people around me. I did knock a few things off to the 'To do list' while they were way though.

We got a new couch for our living room. A huge ass L couch that is just the cosiest thing in the world. So much so that Parker started sleeping on that rather than the spare bed towards the end of his trip. There was a bit of banter going about as to who would be the first to have sex on the couch.

I was chatting away on Facebook to a few peeps as you do, when I mentioned how I was going to Malta to one of the girls. She turned around and announced 'I love packing'. Seriously. Was she really going to make it this easy. Apparently so. Thirty minute cab ride later, she was over on the couch watching 'Macgruber' Classic. Needless to say I got the deed done, and will always be able to say I was the first on the couch. She also happened to be the first Asian girl I slept with. Successful night packing in my opinion.

For anyone who doesn't already know. Ryan Air are a bunch of scam artists. The night morning I went to print my boarding card, which I had checked in for the night before. But down to some loophole they had me paying €60 extra. I don't even know why. Also attempted to make me pay €50 extra to bring my carry on luggage on. Didn't seem like it was going to be my day. Anyway rant over.

Arrived in Malta in the evening just before the lads were heading out for dinner. I hadn't told Tim I was coming. So just walked into his room and gave him a shock! After that I just looked around there apartment. And it is absolutely ridiculously nice. My favorite part been the view they have of the marina.

Balcony View



Before we set off to get absolutely intoxicated, the lads brought us to this really nice steak house. Of course been poker players, we were going to flip. The bill came to over €500 between the 7 of us. I decided I was going to use the Grand Hyatt room card I had in my wallet to represent me. Kev had used it several times and never lost. Obviously I announced to everyone I couldn't possible lose using this card. One by one every card was picked out....... Until mine. Nice jinx Fintan. Wasn't the ideal start to the holiday. Time to drink the sorrows away.

We went to this real trendy bar, where we'd booked a table. A bottle of absolute and mixers was €90 and you guessed it. We were going to be flipping for bottles. Wasn't too happy about it. But I had to be in every flip now to make up EV. Thankfully I ran pretty good, think I lost one flip for shots, but overall I ended up getting smashed quite cheaply. We all left the bar merry as anything planning on moving onto the club.

The lads in the club... 



Josh and Kev were having a little bit of a mess around, when these guys clearly looking for a fight came over to confront us. Marc been as rational as ever was trying to calm the situation and out of nowhere this Asian guy came in and dropped him. All hell broke loose, Kev got his ear slit up open and knocked out. I got dropped in one punch, Josh got jumped on and battered. And Parker was got hit with a sly dig. Kind of brought a downer on things. When we got Marc cleaned up a little bit, Tim decided to bring him off to the hospital to make sure his nose wasn't broken. Josh, Kev and I decided to head out after everything had calmed down anyway. I did my usual thing of wandering off in the club. However, over here not a single person spoke English. And I couldn't find Josh or Kev again for the night. It's pruuublem.

Next thing I remember is Kev trying to wake me up so we can go jump off the boat. Now usually I'd snap be in for this but I was fucking hammered and had just fallen asleep. Kev however was determined. He gathered a few troops, in Josh and Franz and off he set. What I heard was they were all happily jumping off the boat. When Kev in his drunken state inspired by the Olympics thought he was a professional diver. He attempted a front flip. Needless to say, it didn't go great. He ended up going in sideways and had to have Josh rescue him because he was so winded and yes. He was puking up blood the next day obviously because he had swollen something.

Ye he did that off the very top...

  
The next day, things were all on a bit of a downer. Marcs tooth was a bit chipped. And he'd been able to find out sweet fuck all in the Maltese hospital about his nose. So he'd decided he was flying home the next day to Germany before the EPT in Barcelona. We just chilled out and played a home game that night. It was a 25c/25c game. However 7 handed I think there was about 3k on the table. We all started with a €100 buy in. I cold 5b punted J10o into Josh's AA the first hand. Needless to say I won. I ended up playing  4000 big blind pot with Kev where I missed the nut FD and bluffed into his river nut straight. Was fun.

We got one more night out before the guys left for Barcelona. It was another incredible drunken night which resulted in Kev and I been the very last two people out on the strip. Kev had been trying to get stuck into this really cute Spanish girl. And I'm not going to lie, in the state I was in, I was more than willingly going to play wing man and take the huge chick for the team. Kev's girl just didn't seem interested however, we decided to call it a night and head back to the apartment after we had rang everyone in our phonebook and I had attempted to steal a paddle boat. It was a poor effort to be fair. I didn't have any paddles.........

Possibly the two drunkest men alive... 


The lads left for Barcelona the next day and Kev and I just chilled out and grinded a little bit before flying home the following day! It wasn't exactly the kind of summer holiday we had in mind when we booked it. However, it was still great hanging out with the lads. I think Tim and Josh are coming to Ireland after Newcastle UKIPT. So that should be fun as usual. I obviously had time before we left to get in the ultimate tourist photo!!

Ultimate tourist...




1 comment: