Sunday 15 July 2012

Swedish House Mafia...

So it was Thursday afternoon, and I was trying to convince Kev to come see Swedish House Mafia on the Saturday. He'd just chopped the Big 162 so was been a bit of a nit. Finally agreed if I went out for a few quiet ones on Thursday he'd come on the Saturday. Few quiet ones they said... Be grand they said..

Marc been the sensible one, decided to stay in and grind. We got down to the local late bar. Several triple jaagers later and we'd made it our mission to bring the session to Marc. A bunch of girls we've turned into our buddies since the forming of the Wolfpack came back with some of the lads. And shit just got out of hand. Nearly everyone was on the buzz, and we just sat up talking shit for hours. Ended up having a few complaints off the people we rent from, because as they were coming into work in the morning, we'd the windows open with the music blaring. So on our beer run (which Kev,Marc and I flipped for, coming to €140 and Marc lost obv) I got them some chocolates to try and win them over. Not sure how good it was me walking into the office absolutely fucked and talking shit.

Some of us in the office during the sesh...



 Taz and myself were the last men standing. He left at about 6pm and I was about to head up to bed. However one of the lads rang me asking if I was up for just going a bit mad. Not one to turn down the sesh, I was of course in. Here was where I made a school boy however. Instead of just going and having a tactical nap, I thought I'd just power through. So when Verdo(the lad who rang me) arrived, he said quite simply I looked like a heroine addict I was in such bad shape. I was determined to head out and ignored the suggestions to go catch a quick hour before we did, because I just knew I wouldn't get up.

Taz man can handle the sesh...



The first drink, sat in front of me for at least an hour. I just kept staring at it. Watching the ice melt away on two occasions. It was physcological warfare going on between body and mind. I wanted to drink it, I needed to get going. But I just couldn't bring myself to. I decided that spirits was the way to go. Necked a few vodkas, still wasn't in the best of form. However once we got to the club and I got some bulmeistershock into me I was in flying form. Wrecking up the dance floor as usual. When we were heading home, these lads we aren't mates with at all jumped in a taxi and headed towards ours as well. They got there before me and were let in. At this stage even though I'd got on the buzz, I just wanted to get to sleep. A bunch of random lads in the house was the last thing I wanted. So for once we just didn't let the sesh go on. Kicked everyone out and off to get some sleep for the first time in about 50 hours.

McKeown came rushing into my room, telling me I was late and we had to hurry up if we were going to make it to Swedish House Mafia. I was completely disorientated, and wasn't sure what was going on. So I just started to get ready. I had a glance at my phone, realized McKeown was taking the absolute piss and it was 8am. We weren't leaving until about 2pm. To say I got mad was an understatement. Just start hurling abuse at him and Sean, who he'd got the train over to ours with. Pure and simply to annoy us ha. He somehow convinced Kev to give him his car keys, and off he went. All I was say is, if he had of been stopped in the car, it would have been straight to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. We toyed with the idea of reporting it stolen, it would have been hilarious. And we think he would have eventually seen the funny side.

If the night before was tough to get going when it came to drinking. The Saturday morning was just an epic battle of wills. We'd decided to go in a bit later because we didn't want to be standing around all day to be honest, when some of the acts on before SHM weren't even the best. I of course, been the attention whore I am. Decided I was going to go and get dressed up as Kermit for SHM. Marc and Kev are getting a bit worried with my Kermit obsession. I'm not even entirely sure where it came from. I just know it's going to stick with me now. When we got up there we met up with the lads, they hadn't got tickets. We all thought it'd be fine and could just pay in on the door. However with alreay 45,000 tickets sold. They weren't letting anyone in and were pretty strict on it.

Outside Swedish House Mafia... 


The gig got a bit of a bad write-up in the papers. And I have to be honest, it was absolute carnage. It was held in the phoniex park in Dublin. On the way to the sectioned off part, where the gig was we seen bodies everywhere, from people been too drunk, others OD-ing on all sorts. We weren't going to let it ruin our day, just had our own buzz and stuck together. It ended up been just Kev, Marc, Anto and myself getting in together. Even though after about half an hour, Anto and Kev went to get pints. Safe to say we didn't see them again. At least we got this video together before the left. 

Lose my mind... 


4 of us inside...


Was delighted I went anyway, it was SHM's last tour. And have to say they did an awesome job. The light effects towards the end as it got dark were awesome as well. The drama when it was over however was a nightmare. 45,000 people leaving. A very high % of them in need of taxis. We ended up walking a couple of miles to beside my old apartment before we got a taxi. Matters weren't helped by the fact Marc's hay fever hit him walking through the park pretty bad. With the way the weekend was gone, we had no choice but to have another aftersesh. We rang the girls again, and got them to leave the club they were in to come to ours. And then there was all the heads that were at SHM back as well. We have a big landing upstairs, and have to say it's a great session space because everyone can just sit there and chillax. Kev decided it was a good idea to play dress up with one of the girls, and they swapped clothes. I'm very tempted to upload the pictures, but for now I won't. Shit ended up getting a bit mad again, I ended up staying up for Wimbledon the next day and watching Murray losing to Federer in the final. Two, two day benders in a weekend is just a bit much. Hopefully won't be at that for a while. Finally sort of getting up to date with this blog. One more post and that should be it.

What they saw...


 What we saw...


Thank you for the memories... 


No comments:

Post a Comment